This and That

Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Need to Drive

Sometimes, after spending a couple days indoors watching it rain, and I don't mind the rain, but 3 days is a bit more then I can stand, I have to get out and ride.  Yesterday was one of those days.  I made a 50 mile "block" lol.  Here are some scenes on my drive.  Sit back and relax... I had the wheel ....

Once I got up the road a ways, I went to the right - heading east.  It was a bare lonely road and then I came up on this field of cattle.  I don't know what kind they are but they came in all colors.  And all seemed quite interested in why I had stopped to take their pictures. lol.


His face has the sweetest look.  With the white stripe on his head. I say he, it could have been a she.

And down the pasture a ways,  She was a pretty one with an all white face and black body. Her white fur on her chest area almost had a look of soft cotton.


These 2 seem to be using the power pole anchor lines for a behind scratcher.  I should have turned on the recorder.  They were quite comical scratching back and forth on the lines.

I belive this guy (and I'm quite sure it's a guy) got himself stuck in the mud.  I wanted to help but every now and then that logic part of me kicks in.  I did not go in.  He's on his own till they're owner comes out.  Sure hope he was okay.



And around the bend.  I love traveling roads that I've not been down.  It was exciting to go around the bend and not know what was up ahead.  I know, it doesn't take much to excite me.  My husband thinks that is a good thing...grin.....

I thought this was pretty.  A circle patch of palm trees in the middle of nowhere.  They are native to this area.

                                         Up close and personal look at it.  Nice and peaceful.


This next picture is sugar cane in bloom.  US Sugar owns most of this land and produces a large portion of our sugar.  We lived in Louisiana and I know that much sugar cane is produced there as well.  Ever been lost driving through a cane field..... I can attest that it is not fun.

And a field of the younger crop.  Sugar cane requires a lot of water and these irrigation paths are put in.

And the road to get back home.



Sometimes it's necessary to get out and explore new things.  Even if it is a cow pasture, palm trees and sugar cane.   Enjoy the magic!!!  It's everywhere, if you take the time to look.





No comments:

Post a Comment