This and That

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Keeping the "Magic" all Year!

At Christmas, a lot of folks bring out the Christmas villages.  Why do they have to be put away during the year, is something I asked myself.  The magic can remain all year.  I like to distribute those houses and all the little detailed additions throughout the gardens.  In place of having the "fairy" pieces, these little sparks of magic can brighten up any container planter or a magical spot in the garden.  Here is a planter that is holding the last of my blooming Amaryllis'.  I moved my Christmas Village tree house and a little log cabin in with my pixies and "Tree Beard" (I loved the trilogy Lord of the Rings years before the movie came out. That's when my love of fairies began)


 
 I used a little Christmas house on this side.  It's like a garden "in the round"...as it were.
 Here is my  "Tree Beard". He is actually an incense burner given to me as a gift. I don't burn incense but he works perfect as a member of the "garden life".
 2 little Pixies to round out this side.
 This is the tree house that was part of a Christmas village.  Santa doesn't have to be put away. He makes a perfect gnome the rest of the year.


This last picture is of a small "fairy garden" that I made.  The main focus is the small Norfolk Island Pine as the "forest" and then I used parts of my Christmas Village as the final details of "life on the hill".  LOL. The Norfolk Island Pine is actually planted into the little planter I made with foam in a can.  You'll notice Dusty's Tavern at the top of the hill and the house at the bottom :-)

 I'm putting together a tutorial to show how these are made all with foam in a can.  Very easy and fun.  No "talent" required. Just a bit of imagination. This is out in my orchid area and adds a nice touch of magic.  I hope you like my share for today.  Check back tomorrow to see what "dirt" I've managed to get into.  Always look for and feel the magic. It's everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Really looking forward to the tutorial. I would love to be able to make a little fairy garden and bring a little (okay a lot) of magic and beauty to my little spot here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete