This and That

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Cabinet Nightmares - Do You Have One.....

Cabinet doors are a wonderful invention.  One would never know what lies behind them if they could remain closed.  I finally decided it was time to tackle my nightmares that lay hidden behind my clean white doors.  LOL.  Yes...a nightmare is what I will call it.  I actually found a lizard in the pot cabinet and the scary part was - he was still alive.  As I was pulling the pots and pans out he arrived inside my slow cooker. Needless to say, every single pot, pan and lid was scrubbed in hot water, dried and put back.  I finally decided that I didn't need so many skillets and other items that never get used so those will now become bottoms for pots that I grow plants in outside.  The before and after of the pot nightmare I faced every time I cooked and put them away.

I purchased this cleaner at the Dollar Store.  It's Awesome!! If you've never tried it, do.  It cuts grease faster then anything I have found to date.  The name of it....I all ready said... Awesome!! So appropriately named as well. Word of caution. Do  NOT use this on rubber - it will eat it away. Perfect cleaner for everywhere you need to quick clean grease, dirt, soap scum or whatever else you would normally have to clean with some muscle. It only cost $1.00 per bottle. It's Awesome!
The next is the dreaded plastics cabinet.  If we weren't such fans of left overs, I would not have a single plastic container in my world.  How does one get so many lids with no containers to match.  Every time I clean this cabinet, I always have more lids then containers. Once again, it's cleaned and organized and there are still some that I have in the dishwasher for a good hot clean.

I think I've solved the problem of where to put the lids.  I went to the Dollar Store (yes, I love shopping there for household things) and purchased this basket.  It's perfect to keep them contained......at least for this moment.

That's my dirt for today.  I found magic at the Dollar Store to solve this problem.  Magic is everywhere, if you look for it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment