This and That

Saturday, March 26, 2016

A Quick Makeover - Rock Lake Garden

With the arrival of spring comes spring cleanup in the yard so I painted the river deck and noticed that the area along the outside of the river was woefully bare.  The fig tree was nice and coming into season with small figs everywhere.  I had planted some Zinnias in a little patch in front of the rock and knew it needed more.
So I grabbed my hoe and hard rake and shovel and promptly prepared the area for a little fantasy garden.  I purchased some log style landscape bricks at the local hardware store and "fenced" the area in. 
 I planted several kinds of flower seeds that will bring much magic later but it needed some pop while waiting for them to grow so I placed a few Phlox to hold it until that time arrives.  I put some weed barrier on the ground, mulched it all and gathered my Christmas houses from the shed. Then decided it needed a lake.  Thus the name Rock Lake.  Of course every lake needs a bridge so...I turned to Larry and asked - "won't you build me a bridge" and he did.
I find I'm out of fairies so in the interim using my little village people and a few turtles makes the village a nice spot to look upon and smile.





The pot with the tree is my Shaving Brush.  I have decided that it will need to be moved but it is just getting it's blooms and has shot a tap root into the ground. For now, until it blooms, it will stay. Once that is finished I'll carefully dig it up and move it to a new permanent home.  I had a visitor while I was working.  I believe he likes the new area....grin.

The entire project took 2 hours and I feel it was time well spent.  And, on to the next project.
I use Weed and Feed in and around my gardens.  It's the perfect "tool" to help prevent weeds from growing while letting flowers and bushes share their beauty.  
Always feel the magic.  It's everywhere, if you look!!

No comments:

Post a Comment